A lot of people don’t know but there happens to be a specie of monkey that is small enough to fit in a pocket. That’s right, Pygmy Marmosets is the name of the monkey and the monkeys are very, very small. Enough to fit in the palm of your hand. That’s why they are called finger monkeys, or pocket monkeys.
While a lot of people think that these monkeys are actually belonging to an endangered species, according to WWF, they are not. However, considering how unique they are, they are classified under special animals.
You can learn a lot more about Pygmy Marmosets by going here http://myexoticworld.com/finger-monkey-pet-diet-cost/. With that said, today, we are going to take a look at some of the interesting facts about finger monkeys that everyone should know about.
So, without further ado, let’s take a look, shall we?
• Pygmy Marmosets have tails that are longer than their bodies; while their bodies range from 14 to 16 cm, their tales are usually 15 to 20 cm long.
• Finger monkeys are pretty expensive, with each finger monkey costing anywhere from $2,000 and going all the way up to $10,000.
• Research shows that finger monkeys can live up to 15 years, however, if domesticated, their life span increases.
• Finger monkeys only prefer living inside trees that are less than 18 meters.
• Finger monkeys prefer living in tree holes, and mostly spend all of their time there.
• Finger monkeys can jump as high as 15 feet in the air.
• They are also capable of rotating their head by 180 degrees.
So, there you have it. These are some of the most interesting finger monkey facts that you should know about. You should also know that finger monkeys are classified as special or exotic animals.